The probabilistic analysis of the subsidence of surface foundations using spectral stochastic finite element method
Given the random nature of the parameters, it is not possible to analyze the problems by using the finite-element method in normal mode. Spectral Stochastic Finite-Element Method (SSFEM) is the finite-element method generalization for a case in which the parameters of the random model and the uncertainty in their values are considered.
In this code, the method of spectral stochastic finite element method and the Monte Carlo simulation method are used for the probabilistic analysis of the subsidence.
In this code, the elastic modulus is considered as a spatial variable and is modeled as a random field.
- Considering Elastic Modulus as a random field
- Obtaining the distribution of any desired node from the soil
- Randomized foundation subsidence analysis Using the spectral stochastic finite-element method
- Randomized foundation subsidence analysis Using Monte Carlo simulation method
- The ability of auto-meshing only by introducing the number of nodes in order
- Ability to load any desired element on the surface of the soil
What you will learn in this code
1- How to analyze the foundation subsidence using the finite-element method
2. A method of probabilistic analysis using a spectral stochastic finite-element method
3. How to model non-deterministic parameters as random fields
4. A probabilistic analysis method using the Monte Carlo simulation method in which random variables are modeled as random fields.
5. How to generate a random field using the K-L expansion
Tips and requirements
1- The program is written in MATLAB
2- Familiarity with essentials of statistics
3- Familiarity with finite-element method
4- Familiarity with random field theory
5- Familiarity with spectral stochastic finite-element method
6- Familiarity with coding in MATLAB
Site’s purpose in this project
This project is about the probabilistic analysis of the subsidence of surface foundations using the spectralstochastic finite-element method. This project can solve different problems for students and researchers or can give fundamental knowledge for industrial projects, and MSc or PHD theses.
Sometimes it is seen that students need some researches to choose their thesis subjects. As this project is complete and professional and contains flowcharts needed in university projects, it can be helpful.